Writer's Highway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon King's Daughter

Go down

Demon King's Daughter Empty Demon King's Daughter

Post by Felix Vinter Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 pm

(This is a story about my daughter who isn't even born. I hope she will turn out as strong as I hope.)

Sabina smiled as she adjusted the sword on her back that shared her name. Her father made it when she was young, and died with it in his hands while trying to protect her from someone who had broken into their house. Sabina's mother had disappeared long ago, and she had no interest in meeting a mother who didn't want her. She just brushed the strands of blond hair from her eyes, made sure her blade was fastened to her back securely, and walked through the streets of Kennewick, which has become overrun by thieves and never-do-wells. The police are just as bad as the people they're supposed to be stopping, so Sabina's only protection is her best friend, which shared her name. Sabina's blade has ripped through the flesh of many potential attackers, and the know to leave the young woman alone. There were even rumors going about that the blade on her back was actually her soul, which is why no one is able to touch her when that blade is in her hands. Beware of Sabina, The daughter of the Demon King. Sabina turned down an allyway to be stopped by a rather large man. Sabina loved when men thought they were tough because they had large muscles. "Hey girly, wanna show me a good time?" He asked with an evil grin. Sabina reached back for the hilt of her blade. "I wouldn't mess with her if I were you..." a voice said from above. "Who's there?" The large man growled, looking for the source of the voice. A ciggarette fell from the roof to the left. "Seriously dude, you're goona get hurt." The voice said and a red mowhak appeared over the ledge and Sabina knew instantly who it was. "You threatening me, Punk?" The man asked, now clearly angry. The mohawk just laughed. "I may be a punk but I know better then to mess with the Devil's daughter." Sabina held back a chuckle, this man knew her father on a personal level, but he used the term most used in fear. "I don't care for rumors." The big man shouted. The mohawk dropped from the roof, right in front of the big man, and stomped out the ciggarette he dropped. "If you think you're so big, take her on." The mowhak said with a chuckle as he leaned against the wall and folded his arms. "Sab, try not to get too bloody, mom would hate to have to clean the stains out of your clothes again." The mohawk told her as he waited for the fight to bein. The large man shook the feeling of confusion from his face as he then stepped toward Sabina with an evil gleam in his eye. Sabina drew her blade so fast the couldn't even blink before he had a large gash in his right forearm. "You bitch! I'll get you for that!" He said angrily as he swung at her, but she dodged and lodged her blade in his rib cage. The mohawk man walked up next to the large man. "I told you not to mess with her, now you have a funeral you must attend." He said quietly before he grabbed Sabina by the arm. "Let's go, Cuz." He said to her calmly. "Mal, you are a cruel bastard." She replied as they made their way to Mal's mom's house.

Sabina was standing in her backyard. She was only seven when her father handed her her first blade. It was made of Oak, and when she held it she looked up at her father, questioning him. "Daddy, why do I need this? I want to be a princess." She said, to which her dad laughed and leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. "You still can be sweetheart, but do you really want the princes to have all the fun?" He said with a smile, which made her giggle. She loved her father so much. "But daddy, princesses don't use swords." She protested. Her father laughed again, every memory of her father he laughed. "Princesses should be able to do battle as well as any king." He said as he stood up and held up his own wooden sword. She nodded and ran toward her dad. "Anything interesting happen today?" Sabina's aunt asked, pulling her back to reality. Sabina shook her head as she took a bite of steak. The memory had caused a deep sorrow to reawaken within her. She didn't know why it suddenly crept into her mind when she tried not to think about her father, because of how painful it is to think about the great man. "Aunt Maggy, please tell me, why was my father called the demon king?" Sabina said quietly to which her aunt stopped eating and stared at her food in silence as if wondering how to answer. It seemed like eternity before she began to speak. "Your father was a kind hearted man, always putting others before himself, until one day he snapped when he found saw a young woman getting attacked by a group of thugs. He didn't like the idea of a woman getting attacked and he killed all the thugs... then proceeded to take out the rest of their gang one by one before going to another gang, and another." She said before she took a drink of wine. "He didn't care if they had families or children, he just saw it as corruption." She said as she looked over at Sabina. "My brother had always had the lust for blood, once he saw it he always craved more. When you were born he stopped his slaughter of gangmembers... but I guess he stopped too late." She said which caused Sabina to slam her fist on the table in anger.

Felix Vinter
Admin

https://writehighway.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum